Monday, November 29, 2010

Time to bundle up!

I remember being 15 years old and doing whatever I had to do to get out of the house on a freezing cold Wisconsin morning... without a hat on. Seriously. It went something like this:

Dad: "Bell, put on a hat. It's below zero out there."

Me: "Do I have to wear a hat?! It's going to mess up my hair. What if so-and-so (insert crush of the week) sees me? I'll die! I'm only going to be outside for 10 minutes total. I'm not wearing a hat."

I relived that conversation (in my imagination) this weekend when I brought out the winter coat for Miss Pixie. She was SO not into it.


Yes. It's pink. BRIGHT pink. Like highlighter pink. I love it. Not so sure about her. Mr. Z says she's probably embarrassed in front of her buddies.


Is that the look of a teen-aged girl or what?


"Come on mom, leave me alone, I'm hanging with my friends." (All of whom are wearing their own spiffy jackets!)


I snapped away, taking many pictures, even though it was freezing outside. No need to worry. I was wearing my hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment