Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 3

Today is day three of the 30 day shred. I'm not doing it everyday, rather sprinkling it in among yoga and elliptical time. It's still hard. Although, I can tell it's getting easier.

I've been trying to eat better, but it's really difficult. I just love food. And I love food that isn't the greatest for me. And the winter months are so hard. You have Thanksgiving, followed by Christmas and then New Year's and then... my birthday! So I feel like I have a good two months of excuses to eat whatever I want. I keep thinking, ok, I'll start eating healthier after X holiday. The good news is, my birthday is next week. So NO MORE excuses! Although every day I do try to do my best.

I've been doing very well with the cakes actually! I've stuck to one tiny piece a day. And that is usually my treat for the day. And yesterday we ran out of cake! I guess it's time to make another.

Although it was kind of a disaster to put together, Red's birthday cake tasted very good. The texture was interesting (remember the two cups of heavy whipping cream?). I'll tell you all about it when I'm able to upload some pictures.

As I hate leaving a blog without photos, here is a picture of my birthday cake from last year made by my amazing brother and sister-in-law. Can you tell who it is? (like you have that many choices...)

Yep! It's Pixie. White socks and all on her back feet. I loved this cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment