Sunday, January 3, 2010

Devil's Food with Quick Fudge Frosting

I'm sorry to report that can't post the recipe for this cake, since I've lent The Book to Red (it's her birthday on Tuesday and I told her I would make any cake she wanted from it). So if you'd like the recipe, just comment on this post and I'll be sure to add it when I get the book back.

Here are the ingredients:


The recipe calls for two 9-inch or three 8-inch layer cakes. Since I only have two of each size I went for the 9-inch cakes. They ended up being really short. This is two layers:


I should know better. Don't mess with the 9-inch pans unless you're doubling a recipe or something. They will always leave you with flat cakes.

Luckily, it didn't take away from the taste! It's pretty delicious and chocolaty.


WARNING: This cake must be consumed with a large glass of milk! (however as I type, Mr. Z is on the couch eating it with a tall beverage of the malted variety)


p.s. I also spent 20 minutes on the elliptical and 10 minutes doing strength training today.

No comments:

Post a Comment