Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Brown Sugar Pound Cake

While my mom was in town last weekend we made the Brown Sugar Pound Cake from All Cakes Considered. Sadly, I didn't get a very good picture of it. This is the best I got:


It was very tasty. Super rich and yummy. It didn't even need a glaze, although we both agreed a cinnamon glaze would be perfect!

Baking with my dear mother makes for one uptight Bean. I am so used to doing things my way, I'm totally thrown for a loop when someone else is in the kitchen. For example, the sink area was still filled with dishes from dinner. I wanted to clean up before we started the cake. I said, "Let me get these out of the way first, I hate baking when the kitchen is a mess." She said, "Oh, I know!" And then she proceeded to take every single ingredient out of my cupboard, put them on the counter and fire up the mixer. I might have snapped and told her to please stop what she was doing until I finish the dishes. Ok, I did snap and say that to her. I felt bad for a minute, but realized that she didn't really care. She's used to my analtude and she's used to me speaking my mind. I don't think she'd have it any other way. I love that we can speak freely with each other. I'm so lucky to have such a great mom!

1 comment:

  1. Well, actually I am finally recovering from that beating remark (get it?) Ha! Love you sooooooooooooooooooooo much.

    ReplyDelete