Saturday, February 6, 2010

Strawberry Milk

Breakfast is the most difficult meal of the day for me. I know it's important, not only because every single weight-loss site/blog/guru will tell you so, but because when I have a good breakfast I'm not starving two hours later. However, I'm never sure what constitutes a "good" breakfast and I like variety in my meals. This is what makes it difficult. So I play around a lot.

This is what I came up with this morning:


Half of a cranberry-oat bagel, 1 T neufchatel cheese, a few slices of apple, an egg, and 1/6 an avocado. It was really, really yummy. It kind of reminded me of sushi. I think it was the cream cheese/avocado/apple crunch combo.

Of course my breakfast was accompanied by a strong cup of black coffee. You know strong and black... obviously not like my men. If I chose my beverages according to my men (man) I'd be drinking strawberry milk for the rest of my life!

Anyway, we'll see how long this breakfast tides me over. My lovely mother is coming to town this morning and staying for the night. We have lots of activities planned. I'm very excited!

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That's a very funny man-and-milk analogy!! I wonder what my man-beverage would be... hot-spiced cider with a little shot of whiskey. Yum.

    ReplyDelete