Friday, June 4, 2010

Greenies

Mr. Z has been working hard to make our lawn look beautiful. Mulching, shoveling rocks, laying that black fabric that goes under mulch and rocks. You know, general landscaping work. Last night he requested a big fruit smoothie for breakfast this morning. I was more than happy to fuel my little worker bee!

I threw together some spinach, strawberries, Greek vanilla yogurt, banana and frozen pineapple in the blender. Added a tablespoon of ground flax seed and came up with these green beauties:


I took mine to go and will have it as a mid-morning snack at work.


I put Mr. Z's in the fridge.


I'm headed to the co-op after work today and will load up on spinach. We're heading into a marathon weekend of yard work and there's no better fuel than green monsters!

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment