Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Giving Thanks


Turkey Day is my dad's favorite holiday. That's my dad in the picture above, with my great-grandmother at her 104th birthday party. She's in heaven now, but my dad is in Green Bay...probably defrosting a turkey. So anyway, each year Mr. Z and I head to Titletown for a day of fun, family and of course...food. This year is no different and in anticipation of this wonderful feast, I thought I would start a list of things I am thankful for.
  • A wonderful husband who transfers the butterscotch candies and hair bands from the passenger door pocket of his trade in to his brand new car just for me.
  • A wonderful, loud, crazy family that loves and supports each other very much.
  • Pixie, Ted, Paulette, the poodles and all of the other creatures at Harmony Horsemanship.
  • Amazing, smart, witty friends from all different times and places of my life.
  • Good health.
  • Health insurance.
  • Food in the pantry and fridge.
  • A stable job.
  • A cozy home filled with warmth and nice things.
This is a good start. What are you thankful for this year?

Oh yeah, I'm also thankful for the "New Moon" date the H ladies have planned for the day after Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment