Monday, November 2, 2009

Tracking My "Units"

That's right "units." I'm definitely not pirating a well known weight loss program and bypassing the ridiculous membership fees to go it on my own. Nope. Not me. Today I started counting. You know what I mean... fat, calories, fiber... counting... units. I've successfully followed this program twice in the past. I've also successfully gained most of the weight back. There seems to be a magic number for me, a number I see on the scale that sends me running for the skinny cow ice cream snacks and no pudge brownies. And I've hit it. It actually might not be the number, it might be how I look in pictures, or how my clothes (don't really) fit. In any case, I'm there. So wish me luck!

In addition to tracking my calorie intake, I've started tracking my running routes and today I ran 2.28 miles! This is a huge accomplishment for me! I don't remember the last time I ran more than a mile. 

So overall today was a great day. That's all you can ask for right? Good night! 

(p.s. Happy fall!)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your run! 2.8 is AWESOME! Soon you'll be up to 3, which is a 5K, which is exactly what the Jingle Bell run requires.....

    ReplyDelete