Monday, December 28, 2009

2010 Resolution: Lose Weight

I know, I know. This is SO cliche. Can you even stand it? Well, I guess I have to. Because I need to get healthy! I've been slowly and steadily gaining weight for a couple of years and even though I'm not huge, my body feels it. I feel slow and sluggish and things hurt.

For Christmas, I asked for (and received) this:


I hear she's a doozy (both the dvd and the trainer). But I'm going to do my darndest to stay on task for 30 days. And hopefully this blog will help me do so.

And on New Year's Eve, this will be delivered to my home:

Wow! I'm very excited. We had an elliptical before our basement flooded two summers ago and we've finally gotten around to replacing it (ALERT! if you are a homeowner, make sure your home has "sewage backup" insurance, it sure did come in handy for us). It will nice to have a source of cardiovascular exercise in the house again. Pair this with the 30 day shred and I should be set, right?

And let's not forget yoga. Another resolution or goal is to make it to yoga class once a week in January.

So while I take the next three days to sit on my tail, be lazy and eat the leftover Christmas goodies, I'll be mentally preparing myself for January 1. I know that's not how you're supposed to do it. I know your supposed to say to yourself, "I need to get healthy and I'm going to start today!" But this whole "New Year's Resolution/beginning of a whole new DECADE" thing makes it much easier to wait three days.

And so I will. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment