Saturday, March 13, 2010

BIG DAY. AWESOME HUSBAND. SWEET RIDE.

It's hard for me to put all of the emotions and excitement of today into words, so I'll let the pictures and video do most of the talking.

Mr. Z and I went out to the barn for my very first lesson on Pixie. I new that I'd need pictures, lots of pictures, so he brought out his fancy camera. The first surprise of the day was Horse Whisperer Paulette showing off Pixie's mad soccer skills! I was totally shocked! I didn't know they had been practicing and it turns out Pixie loves the game.


The next surprise was a doozy. Paulette was riding in her new saddle and she is very careful of her tack, so when I left to get my helmet and came back to find it covered with a sheet to protect it from bird poop, I wasn't too terribly shocked. But it was my turn to ride and I wanted to get the show on the road!



Attached to the saddle was a note that read, "To Bonniejean, From Eric (Mr. Z), All of my love!" (by the way, did you notice in the video how Pixie stood as still as a statue as I screamed like a banshee?!)


Unbelieveable! Mr. Z had been saving his pennies for months and working with Paulette behind the scenes to find me the perfect saddle on Ebay. It just so happened that the arrival of the saddle timed perfectly with my first lesson on Pixie. I lead a very charmed life with a very charming husband.

So here we are, off to the races!



I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable I felt on her. I wasn't scared to trot, to play with the soccer ball or to just stand and be still. She's amazing. She is a playful, curious and gentle soul.


We have so much more to learn together, but to think back and reflect on how far we've come is kind of mindblowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment