Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fire it up!

It snowed today. Craziness huh?! But it turned out to be the perfect fall (winter!) day to cook some yummy comfort food and put in a fire. 

I started the day with a peanut butter, banana, chocolate shake. Really! For some reason I was craving a carnation instant breakfast this morning.  But after a summer of green monsters, I couldn't let it go at just that. So I added a frozen banana, a tablespoon of ground flaxseed, a tablespoon of peanut butter, some milk and some yogurt. It was pretty tasty! 


This is our week to pick up the CSA vegetables. Aren't they beautiful? I'm very excited about the butternut squash and sweet potatoes - two of my favorite veggies. 


I made roasted veggies with the following: parsnips, carrots, eggplant, fennel, red onion and red pepper. Before.


After. SO GOOD!


The roasted veggies paired well with this homemade mac and cheese. 


Then, after dinner, Mr. Z surprised me with a load of wood (notice the carrying case Mom?).


In a blink of an eye we went from this:


To this:


C-O-Z-Y! What a wonderful day for a first snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment