Thursday, October 1, 2009

Tis the season...for punkin oats,

It's officially fall and I've been waiting for some chilly autumn weather to try out another food blog favorite - pumpkin oats. 


On Tuesday I made oatmeal and stirred in some canned pumpkin at the end. I think I added a sprinkle of cinnamon and maybe some sugar... (oh yeah and a dollop of almond butter)


... it was TERRIBLE!

Again, I don't like oatmeal! Why don't I remember that? I just really think I should like oatmeal. Well, never fear, my tasty oat bran hot cereal saved the day today.


Very tasty! The difference is not only the type of cereal, but in addition to the pumpkin, I added A LOT of cinnamon, some nutmeg, ginger and cloves, brown sugar and vanilla. It truly did taste like pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie with a boat-load of fiber. 

Tonight I'm making chili for Mr. and Mrs. Red. And tomorrow I'm making a Mexican chocolate cake (inspired by Kristin's wedding) for a friend's birthday/dissertation party. I'm SO EXCITED! I've been dreaming up the recipe all week and I made a test cake last night. Pretty tasty, but could use some more cinnamon (apparently that's the trick for just about anything!). I'm going to fill it and frost it with almond buttercream and top it with a pourable chocolate ganache. Oh boy, I can't wait! I'll post pictures for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment