Sunday, October 4, 2009

Memory Walk '09

Yesterday, MIL (mother-in-law), AJ (Aunt Judy, MIL's sis) and I participated in the Alzheimer's Memory Walk. It's an annual tradition that we do in honor of their father Donald Dix who suffered from Alzheimer's and passed away almost 10 years ago. 


This is the eighth Memory Walk I've done with the family, and the first one that Mr. Z has had to miss. (He was hard at work at the World Dairy Expo, see picture at bottom.)

Russ Feingold was there to kick off the festivities. Russ started an Alzheimer's program in the state back in 1986, way before many knew of this terrible disease. (p.s. Thanks for trying to protect our civil liberties Russ!)


After the walk I got my picture taken with Bucky Badger! Go Bucky!


Every year after the walk we head over to the Cottage Cafe for breakfast. Yummers!


Even though the weather was a little dreary, a wonderful day was had by all. Later yesterday afternoon I went to visit Eric at the World Dairy Expo. He spent the entire week running camera for the prestigious cow judging. That's almost 75 hours of pure heifer!  

That's him carrying his camera across the arena. It was something to see, I tell you, something to see (not my cute mister working, but rather the cow frenzy).


However, because I was born and raised in Wisconsin, cows are kind of in my blood and I admit I did enjoy parts of the show. You know what else is tattooed into my cheese brain? The Packers. Because even though I haven't watched a full Packer game for years and years, I am very excited for tomorrow's Packer/Viking face-off! What will happen? Who will win? And MOST importantly, how will Brett play? See?! I'm crazy. 

Go Pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment