Sunday, October 25, 2009

I spent last week in our nation's capital, Washington D.C. It's a beautiful city that encourages lots and lots of walking....which I did. I was in town for a conference, but in my free time I got to see some of the many splendid sites.

Starting with the National Cathedral.


A magnificent feat of architecture and beauty.


The food at the conference wasn't to bad. This is my dessert plate Wednesday night. Dave Barry spoke after the meal. He was fantastic!


On Thursday night, my in-laws (stay with me here - my husband's brother's wife's parents) took me out for some yummy sushi and more site seeing. It was really cool to see the monuments at night.


Then on Friday evening I went to the National Zoo. One of their famous giant pandas was napping. 


There was a recent addition to the zoo!


She was so cute!


As our conference was winding down, another was setting up. See anything wrong with this phrasing? Yikes!


Today I went to visit Pixie. I got to take this little fella for a walk. His name is Munchie and he is a mini. 

It's a peace pumpkin! I love this time of year!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment