Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fun in the Closet

Spring is my favorite time to get dressed. You don't need heavy-duty sweaters, yet you can still layer. And with layering comes crazy combinations of patterns and colors. This article shared by my fabulous friend inspired today's outfit of colorful polka-dots and stripes.


Both the shirt and vest were found at thrift stores. The shirt is one of my favorites.



The skirt is second hand from a good friend. I love shopping when my friends are cleaning out their closets!


The pin is a gift from Red. She was in Kentucky for work a couple of weeks ago and this little jewel was given out as swag. She's so kind to have thought of me!


So basically I'm wearing a very thrifty and cute outfit.... oh wait. I forgot the shoes.



These puppies are the most expensive pair of shoes I've ever bought! But so worth it. Aren't they cute?! I've had them for years and already had them re-soled. I love them.

How are you going to have fun with colors this spring? What kind of patterns will hook up in your closet? Won't it be fun to find out?




2 comments:

  1. Welll it's about time! Outfit is scrumptious, but you forgot your earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I'm ga ga for that blouse! Hey, let's do Dress Your Best Week together:
    http://www.academichic.com/2010/05/04/coming-soon-dress-your-best-week/#more-11268

    ReplyDelete