Friday, August 21, 2009

Mulberry Jam

This morning I learned that I really do need 8 hours of sleep. I stayed up until 11 pm last night, cleaning and reading. I really enjoyed that extra hour of awake time. I figured it wouldn't be a problem to get up at 6 am. Seven hours of sleep? No biggie. Boy was I wrong! I didn't drag myself out of bed until 7:04 am. Yikes! That meant I had to skip any sort of exercise. Poor excuse, I know.

The good news is, every morning I wake up, walk into the bathroom and see my special nightlight that I bought in Santa Fe this summer. It's a pink unicorn. Totally me. And my darling husband, Mr. Z thought the bathroom would be the perfect place for it! Isn't he a doll?


Yesterday, on a whim, I bought Ezekiel english muffins at the co-op. I read about them online all the time and thought I'd find out what the big deal is. Well the big deal is that they are T-A-S-T-Y! I paired my muffins with plain yogurt and berries. I'm trying to move away from vanilla yogurt to plain... less sugar, more versatile.


My mom's friend Ruthy made this delicious mulberry jam!


I LOVE homemade jam. Isn't it beautiful?


It was a perfect addition to the Ezekiel muffins and peanut butter.


Nothing beats fresh, homemade anything... especially jam! Thanks Ruthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment