Friday, September 11, 2009

I Love My In-Laws (thank God!)

Yesterday Mr. Z was working, so I took the day off to spend with our visitors BIL and SIL. We went out for lunch with Mr. Z's littlest brother, Brent at his place of employment, Capitol Chop House. This is the fancy shmancy restaurant located inside the Hilton on the Capitol Square. It was a very tasty lunch. I was happy to find out that SIL likes to split things as well (Mr. Z isn't always a good splitter).

So SIL and I split the seared tuna salad:

And this amazing flat bread concoction:


It was whole wheat flat bread with a goat cheese, cranberry spread topped with butternut squash and sage. To die for!

After lunch Brent went to work and BIL, SIL and I walked around downtown for a bit. Madison is hosting an Ironman competition this weekend (on Sunday) and the air is electric with anticipation.

For those not familiar with Ironman stats, the event consists of a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike race and 26.2 mile run (yep, that's a whole marathon!). It's an amazing challenge and every year I try to make it down town to cheer on the athletes. It's hard to explain, but I always get emotional, it's such an accomplishment for these people. Don't get me wrong, I have no desire to compete in one myself, it's just an inspirational thing to witness.

And BEST of all, this year my UNCLE MIKE SMRZ (another loved in-law) is competing! Much of my family is coming to town tomorrow and we will be out in full force on Sunday, cheering him on.

Tomorrow I'll be fixing a spaghetti dinner and chocolate cake (carb load!) for the family. What a treat! I LOVE cooking for family.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I love my IL's too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bonniejean :) I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to seeing you all and eating your delicious dinner tomorrow night!! We had a fish boil at church tonight--it was so much tastier than I expected it to be. And I am not a big fish eater.

    ReplyDelete