Saturday, September 5, 2009

Busy Little Bean

What a great sleep in this morning. I didn't get out of bed until 10:00! But I've been a busy little bee ever since. 

Mr. Z and I had waffles for breakfast. I topped mine with fruit and almond butter. And he put butter and maple syrup on his. I commented that our waffles probably have similar amounts of fat and sugar on them (in completely different forms) but mine would probably be more filling.


Then I made granola. My friend Susanna sent me four granola recipes in the mail and I was so excited to try them out! I made a tasty base using our new sunflower oil, honey, oats, wheat germ and powdered milk (weird ingredient, huh?). When it was finished, I separated the batch into two containers and added craisins to one, and cherries and chocolate to the other (below).

Then I made chocolate chip cookies for a very tasty care package.


I'll be spending the afternoon with Red and Pixie at the barn. Can't wait to take some fun pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment