Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Three Song Thursday

Camera is still busted! Well, the camera works, I just can't get the photos from the camera to the computer. Bummer! But I did capture some Ironman pics on my iPhone.

Here is my amazing uncle:

Finish time 13:54:42

The Ironman is one of the most inspirational events I go to each year. These people are amazing athletes and have incredible drive. I cried. A lot. One of the most inspiring moments was seeing the very last swimmer come out of the water. He had been swimming for over two and a half hours and was automatically disqualified from the rest of the race (2:20 cutoff). He was struggling. He was probably 50 yards out and kept bobbing up and looking at the crowd, looking at the 70 volunteers in the water (on bodyboards, kayaks, boats). We were going crazy, cheering him on, pulling him in with our hearts and thoughts. He eventually made it to shore. He stood up with a huge grin, smiled at the crowd and turned around and said "thank you!" to all of the vounteers. What a strong, gracious man. Talk about waterworks!

This morning I went for a run with three songs inspired by the weekend.

The (original) playlist:

Stronger - Kanye West
I Got a Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
So What - Pink!

However, after the VMA controversy involving Kanye West and Taylor Swift, I just couldn't bring myself to run to "Stronger." All I heard during the song was "Wahn, wahn, wahn, I'm a jerk, blah, blah, I step on kittens, wahn, wahn."

So I changed it up a bit and ran to this:

I Got a Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
So What - Pink!
Single Ladies - Beyonce (now she's a class act)


No comments:

Post a Comment