Sunday, August 23, 2009

Cookbooks

This morning started out with a small bowl of banana-cinnamon flavored oat bran. Pretty tasty, not too sweet, just right for a light snack before yoga and brunch.


After a short yoga session (I lost track of time!) Mr. Z and I headed over to our neighbor's house for brunch. I didn't bring my camera, but we feasted on fresh fruit, bacon, eggs and delicious, homemade challah bread. We also had coffee, juice and mimosas. It was a wonderful time!

My neighbor Molly and I traded our standby cookbooks: she lent me Joy of Cooking for my Betty Crocker. After seeing "Julie and Julia" I realized that I'd gotten away from cookbook cooking. The Internet is usually my first source for recipes. So I've made an informal goal of cooking more from cookbooks.

As I type, I'm baking zucchini bread from my Southern Living cookbook. An unlikely, but fabulous source for anything having to do with baking, cooking, steaming, frying, boiling... you get the picture. 






I'll let you know how they turn out. Mr. Z has been perusing cookbooks himself. 


Notice a theme? He's making a tasty dinner with this little bundle of tomatillos from last week's CSA. They've just been begging for some tlc! I can't wait to see what he cooks up!



No comments:

Post a Comment