Saturday, August 8, 2009

I'd rather be on a fast train.

(the title of this post was on a bumper sticker that Mr. Z and I saw on our way back home from Milwaukee... we strongly agreed)

We had an awesome time with Ann and Mike at Olde Madrid in Racine. Sangria, tapas and paella! Here are pics of most of our tasties. 

Bread and hummus.


Crab cake with lime mayo.


Beef kabobs. 


Manchego and cured ham.


Tortilla Espanola.


And, dun da dunnnn... El Puerco Paella! 


First Friday in Racine is very cool. Lots of fun shops, art galleries and uh, bakeries are open late. This was the most delicious white cake I have ever had.


And shops were handing out snacks and drinks. This is an adult root beer float with vanilla vodka. YUM!


In one shop they were giving free chair massages.  A perfect way to end the night!


Our lovely hosts made us a delicious breakfast of blueberry pancakes, fresh fruit and authentic Racine kringle


Mr. Z and I spent the day at the Milwaukee Public Museum and the Milwaukee Public Market.

We decided to grab lunch at the Market and there was so much to choose from!

I ended up with inari and a salad filled with just about everything under the sun!


This was one serious salad. 


And I had a wheatgrass, cucumber, spinach, lime, apple juice to match my sweater. Let's just say it tasted healthy, very healthy. 


After we got home I toodled around for a bit on my bike and picked up dinner at one of our favorite restaurants Tex Tubb's Taco Palace

I had a shrimp fajita burrito and of course my share of chips con queso.


For dessert I had a red velvet cupcake that I picked up at the Market.


It wasn't great. I scraped off most of the frosting. What does a girl have to do to get a good cupcake around here?!? (besides make it herself?)

We had a great day and now I'm beat. Tomorrow's jam packed with activities as well: Pixie, beach with friends and Sunday dinner with other friends. I'm making Thai peanut noodles and fruit pizza.  Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment