Monday, August 31, 2009

Pixie's Peach Pie

When my mom was in town she made a pie and in the process, made extra pie crust. She froze the crust for me and I decided to pull it out today to make a peach pie!

I bought the peaches from a produce cart right down the road from my house. They are Michigan peaches. 

First I blanched them, so I could get the skins off easily.


Then I rolled out the crust.


Added corn starch, brown sugar, cinnamon and other spices.


Toped it with the other crust and added a little decoration. Can you tell what it is?


How about now?


It's Pixie!


It smells delicious and the tasty dribbles are out of this world! I think I'll have to wait until tomorrow to dig in, it's getting late and I want to give it time to set.


I'll give you an update tomorrow!  Good night everyone!

1 comment: