Saturday, August 1, 2009

Third day of exercise in a row!

Well day three is here and things are ok!  Last night was a bit of a bust, since I had dinner AND pigged out at book club on yummy cookies, bruschetta, hummus and corn chips.  Oh yeah, and there may have been a strawberry basil mojito involved.  

But this morning I got up early and biked to the local cafe to pick up our CSA box.  Here is a picture of the bountiful goodness.


Arugula, broccoli, cauliflower, onions, cucs, garlic, green beans, savoy cabbage carrots lettuce parsley, chard, and summer squash.  I'm really excited about the sample of sunflower oil they threw in this week!


The recipes included in this week's newsletter are Middle Eastern chard with yogurt, Roasted cauliflower with lemon and parmesan, and pasta with savoy cabbage.  I wonder which ones I'll try?

This is a picture of my breakfast this morning.  Left over bruschetta from last night, an egg and sauteed veggies.  Pretty tasty!


And this beauty is the vegan banana blueberry muffin from a local cafe that I've been trying to replicate at home.  I bought another one this morning, just to test it out, before I make another batch of my own.  I'll eat half before I make them and save the other half to do a side-by-side comparison.  


After the muffins, I'm off to the barn to play with my horse. Tomorrow, a cherry pie is in order.  I bought fresh cherries and have to pit them... that should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment